Monday 21 July 2014

Summertime!

Awwwww - Summertime!

Summertime is a slower time in most offices – even in the office of one! For many, it’s vacation-time (even for fundrasiers) and for those in foundation offices too.

For many it’s the fiscal year-end and preparations are underway for the next one…and that’s challenging with vacations added to the mix.

…and that means it’s time to use that slower-paced environment, to wrap my mind around the coming concert season.

Here’s what’s on my ‘Planning To Do’ List:

Project Planning! Starting the layout for next season’s concert brochure – how many ads can we sell? What do I have to write for it? What pictures do we have/need?

Website Re-design – maybe. Jamieson Roberts at Blacklight Media and I have been discussing a re-design of our website and optimizing it for mobile use for a while now. I have been watching webinars on website best practices and we’ve sketched out some ideas and concepts for a more functional and engaging site. I’ve also been gathering thoughts in a file folder for months.

Fiscal Planning! How am I ever going to make next season’s fund raising budget? This must be what Mt. Everest looks like, from the bottom! I know that if we break it into smaller chunks, it’s all manageable!
Calendar Planning too. What does the concert season look like for all eight of our choirs? How can I help each of them achieve their goals too? What are their plans?

Career Planning. This may be my last year at AFP Toronto Congress, so I want to ensure that I get the most out of the sessions offered. LRFRE have invited me to join their Board which I’m very excited about. As I’m still relatively new to both the profession and to the association, I want to ensure that I don’t take on a role that’s beyond my experience or expertise.

Personal Planning! I do have some running goals but so far am only committed to “Rock The Road 10K” in London. I may also run with daughter-in-law Christy through the streets of Oakville in September or Toronto in October” – she has to sign up first!


oh yah - Clean up my office – I know I have that file folder around here somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment